Thursday 14 July 2011

Catch Up

We were down in Devon for the weekend until Monday and with Steve working a lot and using his laptop and my blackberry charger being left in Devon I've not had much chance or implements to post!

Anyhow, Joel has been a good a baby as ever!  Today he slept until 7am, then napped 9-10, then napped again 12-1pm, then napped again 3-5, had a happy bath and went to sleep about 7.30pm.  No crying today, a bit of wind bothered him after dinner but other than that he's been adorably cuddly, smiley, happy and content all day long!  Which has made for a lovely day plus the sun has been shining!  I love maternity leave.  The thought of work is very bleurgh.

Yesterday we called in at Grandma and Grandad's and Dad decided to have a go at weighing him and weighed himself, then whilst holding Joel.  He reckons he's now 14lbs but we'll find out for sure next Tuesday which is when we're going for his 12 week jabs.

Yes, you read that correctly.  Little Joel was 12 weeks old yesterday!  I can't believe it at all.  And I can't believe he's growing so big and strong on milk that I'm making for him!!  God had it all worked out didn't He!!  It's still a bit strange to me that the old boobs are doing what they're designed for, but I'm loving it all the same and it was so worth persevering through all the pain and discomfort of the initial weeks because now it's pain free and fabulous!!  Still haven't tried it myself though!

And some of his 0-3 outfits are too small now.  Not length, as dungarees legs hang out of, but round the middle!!  He's a cuddly little monkey!! 

And that's all my catching up news for now.  I'm just going to pop upstairs to look at him sleeping!  Again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment