Wednesday 13 July 2011

12 Weeks Old

And such a happy chappy!!  

Every morning he's so pleased to see me and beams as I lift him from his cot and change his nappy!  He sleeps so well, and seems to be very content with our little routine, and the good thing is, he's so adaptable as well if needs be.

He has this very cute way of smiling, where he does a coy, bashful little look and has begun to 'coo' properly!  I was playing with him, and he began 'talking' to me, in quite a shy little voice, which I encouraged and it was a lovely moment!!  I kept repeating the 'coo' sounds and he said them back to me as well.

We've got his Jumperoo built, and although he's too small still to be able to play with it, he seems to love sitting in the sit with a cushion underneath and he does wiggle about and seems to like the fact he can wiggle himself.

He's still being exclusively breast fed and it's working very well for us.  He's totally thriving.

I love being the one who gets up every morning, and yes a lie in would be nice, but I'd also hate to be missing one second of his morning happy time!  We come downstairs, and have a chat and a gurgle, then he sits in his chair gurgling to the toys which hang on it, whilst I make a cup of tea and then he may kick on his mat, or sometimes he comes into the bathroom whilst I shower (in his chair!) and other times we may walk down the garden with Izzy and after about 1 1/2 hours he starts to yawn, rub his eyes and it's time to put him down for an hour!  Once his batteries are recharged, happy Joel is back!

We still go to a Tuesday mum's and toddlers group, and a Wednesday singing circle and Joel loves some of the action songs where fingers are wiggled, or he gets tickled.  They're all quite new to me too so I'm enjoying learning them!  Wrinkly Elephants, 5 little men in a spaceship, prickly hedgehogs and all the rest!

I'm really loving being a Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment