Wednesday 18 July 2012

Oversleeping

Well, I don't know what's changed with Joel's sleeping but I had come to rely on him as a bit of an alarm clock!  I won't make that mistake tomorrow as this morning we slept in till 8am!  Steve got up and went out at 6am and the last thing I remember is thinking I may as well get up and get ready as I didn't have time to nap again and suddenly it was 8am and Joel was saying 'da ba' and sitting up in his cot playing with his soft toys.

We then had a mad rush of getting us both up and ready and dressed, walking to mum and dads to drop Izzy the dog off (so she had a walk) and then getting Joel to nursery in time for breakfast to get me into the office 9am!  I hate rushing but Joel was fine.

I got to my desk in good time but a bit red in the face from power walking pushing the buggy then climbing the hill to the Uni!!

I took Joel's coat of him, changed from outside shoes to inside shoes, took his blankie and we walked down the corridor to the baby room and he took a couple of steps inside, then stood and looked to see what was going on.  Turned to see me trying to go and howled. I think because it's a Wednesday he cries more because it's new again whereas Thursday and Friday he's more in 'nursery mode' and settles in faster.

Anyway, next week we're holidaying so he'll have a totally new experience of living outside in a tent!  And I'm keeping everything crossed but the weather looks as though it might be holding and being nice and if so I will be the happiest girl in the world as camping in the rain is miserable but camping in sunshine is wonderful!  And hopefully lots more lie ins will happen!!  I don't mind oversleeping when on holiday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment