Thursday 5 July 2012

Hand, Foot and Mouth

I don't know if I mentioned before that Hand, Foot and Mouth was going around the nursery.  Joel didn't seem to be poorly at all and the staff were watching out for the signs so I wasn't overly worried.

Last weekend I did mention on Facebook that we had a great night on Friday.  Joel slept through, I had an extra nap and for the first time in what felt for ages I felt good, healthy and awake!  But Saturday night was no laughing matter, as Joel was up 5 times between 10pm and 2am from which point he was up until 5am!  And even with sleeping till 8 I was whacked.

He was then up very early on Monday morning as well and I found work so hard.  I was so tired I couldn't think and just felt sorry for myself.  My work colleagues were saying I ought to cry on the doctor to see whether he'd sign me off but that makes me feel uncomfortable.  I only want to be off work if I'm sick.

Later on Monday afternoon my hands started tingling and feeling hot as though the skin was stretching around my fingers.  On Tuesday morning my toes had begun to feel the same and I suddenly thought about Hand Foot and Mouth!  I'd had a sore throat since the weekend, I'd had a fever on Sunday and having googled the symptoms I self diagnosed myself and got into the Dr's that morning.

I made sure I saw a decent doctor.  I wasn't happy with the last one I saw who made me feel as though I was making it all up.  And I was glad to see the fellow I saw a lot when pregnant so he knew me.

He diagnosed me straight away.  There isn't anything to take as it's a virus, but as I was contagious I was signed off work all week!  I was so happy!  I didn't really feel 'ill' but a week to rest and feel happier about life.  But with my throat being so sore (like knives) and my hands and feet being so prickly (like pins!) I've not been so cheery since being at home.  I've also got tired all of a sudden and am napping for hours in the day.  I guess that's the virus.  We also wondered whether Joel did have it too at the weekend which was why he was so hot and bothered last week although he did get a pair of big molars through so maybe it was everything at once!  No wonder he was so unsettled poor thing.

So I have a week to myself.  Joel has been going to nursery each day but later on so I'm playing with him the morning and we're having breakfast together then I'm going back to bed to sleep.  It's going well so far!

And I'm not due back till Wednesday which is graduation so work will be a day out at Trentham Gardens which I love so yay!!


No comments:

Post a Comment