Sunday 28 August 2011

Dedication

We're getting excited about Joel's upcoming dedication service.  We're having it next month at church and we've ordered a cake, and there'll be a bring and share lunch for everyone afterwards.

We're still yet to have discussions with our minister about it, but pretty much a dedication differs from a Christening in that we dedicate our baby to God and give thanks to Him for Joel, but Joel is free to make his own mind up when older and have an adult baptism.

We will make promises to pray for Joel and raise him a Christian, and the church and our families will do the same.  I know people from church are already praying for him as I am, and I'm looking forward to teaching him to pray and learn bible stories.

I'll be adding photographs after it's happened but his outfit is already hanging in his wardrobe, I just need to find him some shoes and keep his nails trimmed to avoid all the scratches he's been giving himself this week. 

He'll be 5 months for his dedication and is such a beautiful little lad, I'm so proud of him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment