Wednesday 30 May 2012

Sweet Dreams Are Not Made Of This!

Oh for a decent night's sleep!!

This hot weather is not helping one bit! 

The other night, Joel hadn't been able to last the afternoon and fell asleep till almost 5pm.  The result was one hyper active baby who was up until 10pm!  Steve was working away in Oxford for a couple of days and stayed over, so the responsibility fell solely on my shoulders, and I was tired.  He's been getting up at 5.30 every morning, and is full of beans.  So to have him toddling round the room like a baby whirlwind was exhausting!  The only thing that kept me going was the thought that he'd have to lie in the next morning, but nope, he was up again at 5.00am!

He woke last night at 1am  as it was a very humid  night and he just wanted a cuddle.  We call it the sleepy dance, and I hold him in my arms, and he rests his head on my shoulder, and we sway and hum until he's dozy enough to go down again.

Needless to say, I'm rather tired myself today.   

Although the sunshine is nice, there doesn't seem to be any pleasing us Brits!!

No comments:

Post a Comment