Monday 21 May 2012

Sticky Eyes

So this morning I was woken at 5am with Joel crying as his eyes were glued together.  Yuck.  I was prepared and had water and cotton wool handy, so we had a bit of a bathe which he objected to and was settle with a little milk and he went back to sleep.

I woke at 7.15 and Joel was still zonked which is always handy.  I was up and dressed, made my lunch and got his warm milk and some bathing water ready before I went to get him up.

He seemed partially awake.  The conjuctivitis had glued his eyes together again.  It was horrible.  He looked like a panda but the eye patches were gunk.  I guessed that he'd stayed sleeping as it was dark and he'd been ok with that!  I began cleansing his eyes, and he cried a little but then just got used to it.  He sucked his thumb and drank his milk whilst I managed to get the worst of it off and then he opened his eyes.  Still ewwww.  They were red and so puffy poor little chap.

But he was in an excellent mood with it regardless, laughing and chattering.  Wanting cuddles and playtime.

He's off to the doctors at 11am with my Mum.  It seems to be a serious thing and he looks awful!  I should be taking him, but work is in the way.

Fingers crossed for my job interview on Thursday!!  Then I can take to the doctors whenever he needs of an afternoon.

In the meantime, I hope it clears up soon.  And that Steve and I don't catch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment