Tuesday 22 November 2011

Stresses and Strains

There seem to be lots of loose ends floating around my life at the moment.  I don't like feeling as though I'm not sure what's going on totally, so here's a round up of my thoughts at the moment:

Appeal - I rang personnel at work today and they confirmed that my appeal letter had been received.  I still haven't had a response as yet and am feeling more and more stressed at the thought of the hearing that will be coming at some point soon.  I'm not good with confrontation and have to gather evidence and further information to help my case.  I've asked for my job description to be sent, I've got a copy of the University's work ethics brochure and personnel also suggested getting some written support from work colleagues which will be hard to do but I'm seeing a colleague tomorrow so will discuss it with them.

Nursery - I have collected the forms from my local nursery and the thought of dropping Joel off there on his own tears me up!  He gets upset if he's away from me at the moment and I know he needs to learn I can go away and come back but it's hard.  I feel like we're starting to get into a time where we need to set some boundaries but it's so hard.

Joel - is so brilliant at the moment.  He is sitting up so well and sits and plays for ages so nicely.  He doesn't try to pick his toys up to put in his mouth now and keeps himself busy with his v-tech driver toy and pop up toys.  He looks so much older this week as well and has a good head of hair which makes him come across as older as well.  My baby is a little boy now!  He's really mobile and rolls about and shuffles and does this cute army crawl as though he's under the nets in the mud!  He loves balls and passing them from hand to hand.



House - My house is currently on the market and we had a viewer last week but he's not sold his so is not in a position to put an offer in, so we're just waiting still.  We've been on the market for almost 10 months and not a lot is going on which is a pain.  We've been babyproofing the lounge though with Joel rolling around lots and we've mounted the tv  on the wall and got rid of the tv cabinet.  We also took the changing table down which has been in the lounge for nappies and toy storage and the room is so much bigger now!!  We're going to get a storage box/seat which will house his toy collection.

Sleeping - with teething being disruptive we had a great night last night!  He fed at 10pm and slept till 6am and after a feed went back to bed till 9am!  I was awake before him at 8.30 and managed to get dressed, have my breakfast, hang out a load of washing and get his lunch together before he woke!  Fab!

My main source of stress is definitely the appeal.  It feels as though it's a black cloud hanging over me.  I just hope it's resolved by Christmas.  I'd hate to think I was having to worry about it during what should be a happy time.  No, Christmas will be happy regardless I'm sure.  I am so very excited about Joel's first Christmas and have bought him a personalised stocking which I'll put some little bits in like bubbles, and treasure basket type things that he can chew on and rattle!  We're having Christmas Day at home which I'm really looking forward to.

And here's another picture of the reason I need to appeal!

I want to be the one there for him for most of his early days.  He's my top priority now and work will have to accept that, whatever they decide.  It may make for some tough decisions but they won't be tough really.  As long as he's happy then I'm happy!  And how cute is his hat?!  He has two courtesy of his twin cousins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment