Friday 11 November 2011

Progress

All of a sudden, my baby seems much older than last week!  This age just seems to be full of changes, and progress and all of it so fast!  One day nothing, the next day something!

I took Joel for a photo at playgroup yesterday.  It'll be a lovely Christmas present (from him) to his family and we got there, and the woman photographer (thank goodness else he'd have cried had it been a man!) asked if he was sitting up yet.  I replied  for about 3 seconds then toppling!  So we decided to have a go, and I hesitantly placed him on the floor and hovered with my hands ready to catch him, and do you know what?  He didn't topple at all!  He just sat there with a big smile on his face as though to say, see what I can do!

I was amazed, and then thought, if he's only sat up at home with cushions he knows he can fall, so maybe without the cushions he was better and maintained his balance more?  It'll make for a very cute picture though!

He's also fully rolling over now, onto his tummy.  We've known he can do this for a while.  At the last count he'd done it three times, but just seemed to not like being on his tummy, whereas now, he's seeing the benefits so it throwing himself into it with gusto.  Placing his toys of reach seems to have helped as he rolls over to select which one he wants, then rolls back again holding it for a chew before getting bored and rolling back to get another one!  Or, like this morning, rolling over and pulling his playmat towards him to get all the toys in one go!  I didn't see that one coming, but had to admire his logic!

How did I get under here?!  Oh, so that's how I stay up in my Jumperoo!

He's so strong when he 'stands' on our knees, and loves being up like that.  I walked to my parents yesterday with him in his baby sling and he giggled and really enjoyed the view, and I could feel his little legs kicking about as though he were walking on the air!  And no passer by could walk past without a smile at seeing him so happy with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment