Thursday 28 June 2012

Poorly Boy

I had the dreaded call from nursery yesterday to say that he was burning up with a fever at midday.  They gave him calpol and he went down for a long nap and woke up happy but by 4pm they rang again to say he was hot and bothered again.

I went to collect him, he had more calpol and home we went.

He's been eating like a trooper for the past few weeks so they were surprised at nursery that he didn't touch anything all day but drank tons of water.  He didn't want scrambled egg when I got him home which normally he loves so we knew he wasn't feeling well.

He showed his normal tired signs at seven so I put him to bed, and popped out to Asda to get baby wipes, and when I got back, I opened the front door and nearly knocked him over as he was standing by it!!!  Steve called through from the lounge (he wasn't watching him at all being in another room) to say he'd cried once I'd left so he got him up again.

Joel then proceeded to play till 9pm until I put 'In The Night Garden' on again on catch up and he finally fell asleep on me and was put in his cot.  Until 12.00pm when he woke crying, and then 4am when he wouldn't settle without me, so we both lay on the spare bed together, him sleeping fitfully and me not really sleeping at all.

He slept in till 8.40am this morning so I was late for work, and he's gone to my parents rather than nursery as I feel happier with him being there feeling poorly.

I don't know whether it's teeth, (we are due some more as he only has four still!!) or another nursery lurgy virus.  But whatever it is, I hope it clears up soon.  He really was a poorly boy at 4am this morning :(

No comments:

Post a Comment